Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sitting

The thing about life, or my life anyways, is it is horribly stressful. But not in the way that you have a million things to do every second with no time to sit. No, believe me, I do enough sitting. It's more of the stress from doing nothing but sitting. Not that sitting is a particularly stressful task, but when nothing is being done but the sitting and life seems to be passing you by, and that thing you've been meaning to do for the past month but you haven't done due to all of the sitting, that is when it gets bad.
I know there is an easy solution. And that is to get out of the seated position right now and do all of those things that are meant to and need to be done. I could do that. I should do that. But then there's that thought I have. Which is probably very strange and has never been in any other person's head but mine. But it's a thought that once I complete this task that has been waiting for so long, that there is no going back. Once these things are done, they can't be undone, and my life will never be without them again. And I will be older and even though I'm no longer just sitting, life is still flying by without my permission.
I hate Sundays. Absolutely hate them. Because that is the day where I sit at home and think about how tomorrow is Monday and that it's going to be another five days before I can stay up late and sleep in and eat at irregular hours again. And then I go "Holy crap I just lost another week." Another week of what I love and am used to, being with my family and seeing my friends whenever I want. Sundays mean another week closer to not having these things, having to leave home and grow up and never look back.
Basically, I want to put my life on pause for a while, so I can sit without being stressed and just enjoy everything that is so often taken for granted. But, sadly, I can't see the technology capable of making that happen appearing anytime in my lifetime. So maybe if I stopped just sitting, and added some more stress to my life, I would be less stressed out. It sounds like a horrible plan, but I think that it is so crazy it just might work.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I really know how you feel. sometimes sitting around can be deadlyyy. I like.. hardly ever sit and think. it usually leads to trouble. but.. you shouldn't be so stressed. because things always work out, and you're always gonna have me! <3