Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sadly, I was not Given the Gift of a Famous Name

For those of you who do not already know, my name is Stephanie. My name is Stephanie and I am a thinker. I think about many things, and most of them are quite obscure and pointless. I would never speak them out loud for fear of people wrapping me up and throwing me in a mental hospital. But those that are not strange and confusing, I like to speak about. And see what others think about it. Hell, maybe I'm not the only one who has, at some point, thought of such a strange theory. You never know...
So just a few minutes ago I was thinking one particular thought. And it was not the first time I have thought about it. Sometimes this thought just bugs me. "Why!", I think. But before I lose all of you, or I have a truck pull up to my house with some burly men trying to get me to go to a "better place for me" I will reveal my thought.
The reason I introduced myself in the way that I did at the beginning of this blog, is because the blog you are about to read (or, i guess, currently reading) has a lot to do with my name. And that is because I can not for the life of me think of someone off the top of my who is fairly famous and also has the name Stephanie. Can you? I have tried time and time again (though, I must admit, not very hard) and still, I can not think of one single person.
Now, this makes me wonder. Because I know that Stephanie is not a rare name. And I know that there may be a few people if you say, googled "famous Stephanie's". But that is not the point. It is obviously not an intriguing enough name to gain any sort of celebrity around here.
The other thing that may be slightly offending is the huge amount of Stephanie's there are appearing on shows like The Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. And they are rarely the winners. They are the people that stand there looking like they had NO idea they would be going on TV, and get so many things wrong that you wonder if they did not, in fact, pass the test to get on the show, but they were so comical that the producers took them in anyway just to get some ratings.
What is the world coming to when you have to be an Uma, or a Joaquin in order to have a famous name? There is only one thing I can do to help my situation, and the situation for all of the other Stephanie's out there. And that would be to become famous myself.

How many Celebrities can you think of that share your name?

5 comments:

Ryan said...

That was funny :) And I can only think of one famous person off the top of my head.. which is Ryan Gosling. And he's far more attractive than me, which makes me feel like im at the shallow end of the Ryan pool. sheesh.

Anonymous said...

YAY blog! lol, anyways it made a point. and u should become famous and then i would be like, "HEY!WERE FRIENDS!!" kinda thing..to the people sitting to me and then they would be all like "NO WAY! ARE U SERIOUS!" adn so on. anyways. good blog once again

Anonymous said...

it suppose to be "by" not "to"

Anonymous said...

:)

Anonymous said...

I don't think anyone has my name either and none have appeared on television too. I enjoy your blogs they suck me in and i don't want to stop until I reach the end and leave you a nice comment about how good it was.