Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I'm Sorry, Television

You know there is something slightly wrong with you when you make a menacing face at your television and tell it to SHUT THE FUCK UP RIGHT NOW! And then take the remote and try to dramatically press the power button, but you didn't realize that there was a chair in the way, and you sit there for a few seconds flailing your arms around in a fit of rage trying to turn the TV off while still keeping all of your dignity.
And the television does turn off eventually.
But you realize that there is something slightly wrong with you. Because there is no point in trying to keep your dignity, or talking to inanimate objects when you are sitting there all alone. By yourself. With no one there to see you.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I think you're justified in your anger babe. I can name many a time i've gotten into a fight with an appliance, and actually lost. I punched my oven once and ended up with a bruised shin because the door fell on my leg. They are a wily bunch! But I love your blogs. you've still got it. <3

Anonymous said...

i LOVED this.